GDPR – Certified Data Protection Officer – French
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills, and develop the competence to perform the role of the data protection officer in a GDPR compliance program implementation.
Why should you attend
As data protection is becoming more and more valuable, the need for organizations to protect these data is also constantly increasing. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. This is where your skills as a data protection officers come to place.
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to serve as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) so as to help organizations ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the role of the DPO and become competent to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam, and if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and practical knowledge to advise the controller and the processor on how to meet their obligations regarding the GDPR compliance.
Who should attend
Participants attending this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of the GDPR and comprehensive knowledge of data protection requirements.
- Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR concepts and principles
- Day 2: Designation of the DPO and analysis of the GDPR compliance program
- Day 3: DPO operations
- Day 4: Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
- Day 5: Certification exam
- The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Data protection concepts, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and compliance measures
- Domain 2: Roles and responsibilities of accountable parties for the GDPR compliance
- Domain 3: Technical and organizational measures for data protection
In case candidates fail the exam, they can retake the exam within 12 months following the initial exam for free. This applies only to the candidates who have attended the training course.
- After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown in the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. Certification fees are included in the exam price.For more information about the PECB Data Protection Officer certification scheme and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB Data Protection Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience DPMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified Provisional Data Protection Officer PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified Data Protection Officer PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Data Protection Data Protection activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these activities should follow best data protection practices and include the following:
- Assisting in applying the GDPR requirements
- Monitoring a GDPR compliance program
- Providing advice on the data protection impact assessment
- Monitoring a data protection project with regard to the processing of personal data in alignment with the GDPR
- Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 450 pages of explanatory information and practical examples.
- An attestation of course completion worth 35 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants who have attended the training course.