ISO 50001 Lead Implementer – English
ISO 50001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Energy Management System (EnMS) based on ISO 50001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and be able to decrease an organization`s energy costs and improve its energy performance and sustainability.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Energy Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO 50001 in an organization.
Who should attend
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO 50001 and initiation of an EnMS
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of an EnMS
- Day 3: Implementation of an EnMS
- Day 4: EnMs monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam
The “Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 2: Energy Management System (EnMS)
- Domain 3: Planning an EnMS implementation based on ISO 50001
- Domain 4: Implementing an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an EnMS based on ISO 50001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an EnMS certification audit
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 50001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience EnMMS project experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO 50001 Provisional Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO 50001 Senior Lead Implementer PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Energy Management Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an EnMS plan
- Initiating an EnMS implementation
- Implementing an EnMS
- Monitoring and managing an EnMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free